Kekova Boat Trip
Kekova is a heaven where nature unites with history and its turquoise waters are adorned by countless coves and bays. Kekova includes Ucagiz (formerly Theimussa), a village on the coastline, Kalekoy (Simena) village with its famous fortress, and Kekova Island that stretches out to the historical sunken city across from Kalekoy. Established upon the ancient remains of Simena within Kekova region, Kalekoy can be accessed only by boat although located on a peninsula. Hosting a Crusader fortress, Kalekoy’s cozy narrow streets invite you to discover this beautiful place.. Our guests on the Kas Kekova boat trip can visit this adorable town and shouldn’t miss trying its famous peach ice cream!
Lying across from the Simena peninsula, Kekova Island was sunk under water due to several earthquakes during Lycian era (2nd cent. AD),and later resettled and flourished under Byzantine reign. However, Arabian invasions forced Byzantines to desert the island.
In 1990, Kekova Island was declared a protected area by the Ministry of Environment and Forestry, and swimming at of the sunken city territory was forbidden. However, the Byzantine church ruins are visible in Tersane Bay and can be accessed only by boat, near Kekova Island and you can both swim and visit the ruins on the shore. Again, Akvaryum Bay (named after its crystal clear waters) in Kekova is perfect for swimming and again can be accessed only by boat. For closer study of the of the historical sunken city, Kekova boat rentals are popular.
Firstly, please note that the itineraries of our private Kas Kekova boat trips are planned according to weather conditions, density of bays, and demands of our guests. Instead of anchoring inthe same bays with many other boats, we prefer different bays to give our guests a sense of comfort and freedom. Anytime during our Kekova daily boat trips, you can enjoy our watersports activities like water ski, ringo for an extra fee above the Kas Kekova boat trip price.
. Our Kekova boat trip begins sailing from Kas Marina to our first stop at 9:00 – 9:30.
- As you sip your tea/coffee on our deck and view the turquoise waters of Kas, we head to our first stop.
- As the boat sails, enjoy the sun or try to catch fish using our fishing sets.
- Now it’s time for swimming in the charming cool Mediterranean and refreshment. After a 1.5 hour trip, we take a swimming break in our first bay: Yaglica Bay.
- At 11:30, we sail to Akvaryum Bay, opening of Kekova – resembling an aquarium for its depth and clarity.
- At each swimming break, you can use the goggles, flippers, underwater camera, kayaks, paddle boards, underwater jet on our boat.
- As you enjoy the sea and explore the secret underwater life, your all-organic lunch composed of tasty olive oil dishes and grills is cooked.
- Following our pleasant lunch, we head to our next stop: Tersane Bay. It’s a popular bay and a destination for Kekova boat trips.
- You will navigate towards depths of history as you get a glimpse of the city ruins submerged two-thousand years ago due to earthquakes. Cruising by the closest point of the sunken city, you can take photos or view the ruins
- Leaving the unmatched beauties of sunken city behind, we head to Kalekoy. There, the grandeur of the Crusader fortress and the Lycian Royal Tombs are waiting for us.
- After Kalekoy, we leave Kekova and head to Inonu Bay and begin sailing back to Kas.
- Following a one-hour swimming break for refreshment in the sea, we head to our final stop: Kas Marina.
- During the 9-hour Kas Kekova boat trip, you’ll enjoy swimming in the cool Mediterranean and seeing historical attractions,natural beauty and releasing all your stresses of modern life.