Aperlai is a small ancient Lycian port town in Turkey. Aperlai ancient city is host to several sarcophagi, most of which are from the Roman Reign, according to their inscriptions. The most glorious ruins of Aperlai ancient city are the massive city walls that start from the coastline and merge on the hillside. Despite the fact that the harbour complex structures are completely sunken, they are visible from above water to some extent. There are also remains of two Roman baths near the ancient harbour. At the same time, Aperlai ancient Lycian city was famous for being an important production centre of shellfish that generated purple dyes and were among the most expensive products of the ancient world. Known as the place where the first cloth dyeing was done in Anatolia, Aperlai ancient city is inaccessible by road but you can rent a crewed yacht from Kas or Ucagiz both to make a pleasant boat trip and walk among the ruin of Aperlai in Turkey. Although there are no accomodation facilities at Aperlai, you can book our Aperlai Kas yacht charter and can stay overnight in the bay nearby. If you’re a big fan of swimming and also interested in seeing historical remains, then Aperlai boat trip will be the most delightful choice for you.
Firstly, please note that the itineraries of our private Aperlai Kas boat trips are planned according to weather conditions, density of bays, and demands of our guests. Instead of anchoring at the same bays with other boats, we prefer different bays to give our guests a sense of comfort and freedom. Anytime during our boat trip, you can enjoy our watersports activities like water ski, ringo for an extra fee above the Aperlai boat trip price.
- We meet up with our guests at 09.30 in the morning in Kas Marina and sail from Kas to Inonu Bay, the first stop of our Aperlai boat trip.
- You can sip your tea/coffee on our deck enjoying the gorgeous panoramic views of Kas or try to catch local fish using our fishing sets supplied on board.
- Following our one-hour voyage, we will take a swimming break at our first stop: Inonu Bay. You can observe the fish in the waters of this serene island using the goggles and flippers supplied from our boat, or have great moments doing activities like sea jet, paddle board, kayak, and underwater camera available on deck.
- We will leave Inonu Bay at 11:30 to have our lunch and head to Aperlai ancient Lycian city, boasting of its rich historical heritage.
- As you enjoy the sea and explore the secret underwater life, your all-organic lunch composed of tasty olive oil dishes and grills is cooked.
- After our pleasant lunch on the chilly water of the Mediterranean, we sail for our next stop: The Twelve Isles.
- Now it’s time to swim along the Twelve Isles, renowned for its tempting shipwreck and its impressive canyon, just beside Kastellorizo (Megisti) Island. You will dive into the depths of history as you notice the shipwreck of 1960s, and you’ll fall in love with the underwater beauties and diverse fish species.
- Now it’s time for refreshment in Harbour Mouth Bay as fresh fruit is served to you. In the meantime, you can visit the sunken bomber or have enjoyable moments at one of the calm and lovely beaches nearby.
- During our 8.5-hour Aperlai Kas boat trip, you will both see many historical attractions and swim in the clean waters of the Mediterranean